Providing world class education opportunities for families is at the heart of the Tres Lagos community. Designed as a walkable community with miles of hike and bike trails connecting the neighborhood, thousands of students within Tres Lagos have the opportunity to attend IDEA charter schools K-12 grades as well as Edinburg school district campuses. The IDEA high school will be an engineering and technology campus within the planned Texas A&M campus. And as students look to continue their education beyond high school, they will have the opportunity to attend Texas A&M minutes from their doorstep. The Texas A&M Campus is planned to open in 2018 and will expand to accept hundreds of students in the years to come.
About IDEA Public Schools:
IDEA Public Schools prepares students from underserved communities for success in college and citizenship. IDEA believes all students, when given the chance and high expectations to match will succeed. All IDEA schools are tuition-free public charter schools. There are no requirements, academic or otherwise, to apply for a spot at an IDEA school.
- 100% of IDEA alumni have been accepted into a four-year college or university.
- IDEA was named the top performing high school (IDEA Donna campus) in the Rio Grande Valley.
- IDEA named #13 high school in the nation and #3 charter school in the nation (“Best High Schools 2010, U.S. News & World Report).
- 3 IDEA schools received the top TEA rating for the 2008-09 school year (Exemplary) and IDEA received a Recognized district rating for the same year.
- IDEA received the coveted H-E-B Excellence in Education Award as the Best Small District in the state of Texas in June of 2009, the first charter school to receive this award.
We invite you to learn more about the top rated IDEA Public Schools and the benefits it will bring to families living at Tres Lagos. Visit IDEA’s website at www.ideapublicschools.org.